For medical practices that want the practice management features of Medisoft 23 at an affordable price, Medisoft Clinical is a fully functional electronic health record system created specifically for smaller medical practices.
Medisoft Clinical is a flexible and easy-to-use solution that can help healthcare providers keep more secure records, better track their patients’ information, ensure that no prescribed medications conflict with a patient’s allergies and communicate with other providers. In all, using an electronic health system like Medisoft Clinical can help facilities provide stronger care.
Medisoft Clinical’s flexibility can be seen by the different options physicians have when recording data. Doctors can use speech recognition, in which information can be partially dictated and transcribed, and then placed in the respective category. Doctors can also use a digital pen, template or Web-based data entry to record information when filling out a patient note.
Additionally, with Medisoft Clinical, all vital information is included in one place on the dashboard, while other documents, notes and lab results are held in a “review bin,” giving a user quick access to any necessary data.
When prescribing medication, Medisoft Clinical can cross check with a patient’s medical history, allergies and other information to ensure that all medication and dosages have been prescribed correctly. Physicians can also track prescriptions and refills, and orders are automatically updated with incoming results.
With Medisoft Clinical’s Bright Note technology, any information added to a progress note is automatically updated to a patient's file, cutting back on the time and energy needed to transfer information, and helping to keep all information up to date.
Medisoft Clinical also makes communicating with other healthcare providers easy. Data can be both exported and imported with CCD and CCR documents, and physicians can even choose which part of a chart to send, while keeping all information in the original database. With this feature, patients can be sure that they will be properly cared for, regardless of where they are.
Medisoft Clinical also includes a Web-based database with medication protocols, as well as treatment guidelines for diseases, depending on the particular patient. Progress note templates are also available for both primary and specialty care topics.
Medisoft Clinical offers easy access to the information you need to ensure exceptional care. An extensive knowledge base includes:
- Web-based access to hundreds of disease and medication protocols
- A broad range of progress note templates covering both primary care and specialty topics
- Guidelines for diagnosis and treatment
- Health maintenance protocols based on age, sex, disease, medications or other conditions specific to the patient
- Analyze the note with a sophisticated coding advisor for Evaluation and Management (E&M) codes using both the 1995 and 1997 CMS Documentation Guidelines to optimize coding based on documentation.
- Load transcribed text and populate the entire patient chart including the problem list, medication list, medical histories and vital signs. Partially dictate a visit and have the transcribed text automatically go to the correct place in the note.
- Import and export chart summary data using CCD or CCR formats. Communicate with other practices’ EMRs or with the patient’s personal health record (PHR).
- When importing data, choose which chart sections to update while still keeping an entire copy of the imported document.
- Customize chart viewing by physician to allow provider (and specialty) specific views for charts, chart summaries and flow charts.